Your privacy is important to us. It is Household Logistics LLC’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://household-logistics.com/, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us.
Other Terms And Conditions
This is an agreement between the customer and Household Logistics. The estimate is based on the information that was provided by the customer at the time of booking. Household Logistics's binding estimate is determined by the customer`s provided inventory and the services requested. This price may change based on the agreed-upon rate per pound and/or cubic feet. If additional items are added to the estimate, or the customer should require additional services, the price will be adjusted accordingly.
In addition, if you are one of our customers, your contract with us may contain distinct terms and conditions, limitations of liability and/or disclaimers of warranty applicable generally to the products or services provided by Household Logistics.
1. The provisions of this agreement, including the terms and conditions contained herein, represent the entire understanding and agreement between Household Logistics, (hereafter Household Logistics) and customer with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all other negotiations, understandings, and representations, (if any) made between such parties. This includes any representations made by the estimator. In the event of a conflict between the terms of any estimate and the bill of lading, the terms of the bill of lading shall control. This agreement may not be amended, supplemented, or waived orally. Any changes must be in writing and signed by both Household Logistics and the customer.
2. The customer may not assign its rights or obligations, under this agreement, without the prior written consent of Household Logistics.
3. Nothing in this agreement, whether expressed or implied, is intended to confer any rights or remedies on any person, other than the parties hereto, and their respective legal representatives. Nothing in this agreement is intended to relieve or discharge the obligation or liability, of any third person to any party to this agreement or give any third person any right of subjugation or action, over or against any party to this agreement
4. The customer has hired Household Logistics as a moving coordinator/shipping agent/broker. Household Logistics is not to handle, or otherwise participate in a move as a carrier. Household Logistics is not responsible for any acts or omission of the carrier or its employees/agents. The customer must pursue the carrier for all claims, including property damage, and personal injury or death. This includes, without limitation, any claims to property, any claims for damage to property, lost or stolen goods, delayed pick-up or delivery, the actions of estimators, drivers, packers, or movers. Household Logistics, will act on behalf of the customer in resolving any claims or delay issues with the carrier. The carrier's maximum liability is limited to the lesser of the following: (A) The amount of the actual loss or damage. (B) An amount equal to sixty cents per pound, multiplied by the actual weight of the lost or damaged article. (C) The lump sum's declared value.
5. As a properly licensed, interstate moving coordinator/shipper/agent/broker, Household Logistics is not a motor carrier and will not transport an individual customer/shipper household goods but will coordinate and facilitate the transportation of household goods by any FMCSA authorized, motor carrier, who's charges will be determined by its published tariff. All estimated charges and the final actual charge will be based upon the carrier's tariff, which is available for inspection, upon reasonable request.
Household Logistics does not guarantee any pick-up or delivery dates, under any circumstances. Household Logistics agrees to facilitate a carrier to move your household items as promptly as possible, and in accordance with the information provided, regarding your items moving from origin to destination. Due to situations beyond our control, such as, but not limited to, inclement weather, mechanical breakdowns, road construction, remote pickup or drop off locations, difficult or limited lanes of travel, etc., there are no guaranteed pick up or delivery dates and/or times.
6. The customer will be subject to all applicable laws, and the general terms and conditions of the carrier, which shall include without limitation; a requirement that payment for charges, in full, must be paid before the unloading of goods in accordance with the carrier's lawful lien on the property.
7. As the customer, I agree to pay the total for the moving coordination services, provided by Household Logistics. I understand and agree that my deposit/fee, only represents a portion of my total estimated charges for scheduling and routing purposes. My deposit is not refundable after placing my reservation for scheduling purposes.
Any service cancellation made within 72 HOURS of booking services, will be subject to losing 15% of the paid deposit. In order for the billing department to review a customer's file and cancellation, an email must be sent to the billing department at , explaining the cancellation request. Pick-up date changes, or requests to place a move on hold, must be submitted at least 7 business days prior to the pack and/or load date, or the customer will be subject to pay a minimum of a $ 500.00 rescheduling fee. The customer is agreeing that they are only entitled to receive a credit of their deposit for a future interstate move, which must be used within 12 months of the original reservation date. All deposits will show as Household Logistics, on the customer's billing cycle. By signing this contract, the customer is acknowledging that they will not charge back any credit card payment, for any reason.
8. The customer has elected a 'binding' price. The total cost will not exceed the estimated amount; provided, however that the customer provides Household Logistics with an accurate description of the items listed on their inventory to be moved, and a correct list of additional services needed. The customer has requested to have an estimate provided for his/her household goods, in accordance with 49 CFR 371.113 (1). The customer agrees to waive a physical survey of the household goods, and alternatively agrees to receive a binding estimate, based upon the provided item inventory list of all property to be transported. If any additional items/weight, packing services, or labor are added at the origin or destination of the customer quoted, the customer shall be charged for these services at the governing tariff rates. The customer understands that Household Logistics has a 2000-pound minimum on all shipments. Any shipment below 2000 pounds, will be charged at the 2000-pound rate. The price includes all fuel surcharges, tolls, item load and unload, basic disassembly and reassembly of standard furniture items. It also includes, up to 75 feet long carry at origin and destination, and one flight of stairs (up to 21 steps) Elaborate furniture items that must be disassembled and/or reassembled, may require a third-party service or additional labor, and should be disclosed to your estimator and included on the estimate. The disconnecting and reconnecting of appliances is not included in the price. Reassembly is subject to the availability of tools, and parties being available to connect. The packing and unpacking of boxes is only included in the estimated price, if they are itemized in the packing/unpacking section of the estimate. All materials for labor of undisclosed items will be extra.
9. The terms and provisions of this contract, whether expressed or not expressed, shall not be binding upon; injure to the benefit, and be enforceable by the parties and their respective administrators, executors, legal representatives, heirs, successors, or permitted assigns.
10. The customer shall indemnify and hold harmless Household Logistics, and its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates, from or against, any and all actions, claims, suits, liabilities, proceedings, penalties, fines, costs, and expenses. This is including all reasonable attorney's fees relating directly or indirectly, from any breach of this agreement on the customer's behalf.
11. It is a mandatory agreement by both parties, that this agreement shall be governed by the internal laws of the state of Florida, without regard to the principles of conflicts of law. Any dispute arising out of or relating to this agreement shall be brought to the courts, or record of the state of Florida, in Palm Beach County, or the court of the United States, Southern District of Florida, in Palm Beach County. If any party does not have a registered agent to accept service of process in Florida or is not otherwise subject to service after reasonable attempts, then such party agrees to accept service of process by US mail.
12. In the event that controversy arise under or relating to the interpretation or implementation of this agreement, or any breach thereof, Household Logistics shall be entitled to recover all of its court costs, collection fees, expenses, and reasonable attorney fees. This includes, without limitation, all pre-trial, and appellate proceedings. In addition to any other. In the event that Household Logistics pursues the collection of any amounts under this agreement, Household Logistics may recover the full tariff rate on all goods, and services provided as well as all other remedies available to it at law.
13. All pick-up, load, and/or delivery dates, are only estimates. Household Logistics is not responsible for loss or damage incurred by unavoidable delays. Household Logistics will act on the behalf of the customer in resolving any claims, or delay issues, with the carrier. There are absolutely no guarantees made, expressed, or implied regarding pack, load, and/or delivery dates.
14. The Motor Carrier Neutral Arbitration Program: The Motor Carrier's Neutral Arbitration Program has been designed to give neither party any special advantage. If a dispute arises between the carrier and the shipper, arbitration may be a mutually beneficial alternative to help resolve the dispute. Section 49 U.S.C., Sections 375 211, provides information that a mover must have a program in place to provide shippers with an arbitration alternative. Arbitration is optional, and not required under federal law. Summary of the arbitration process: Arbitration is an alternative to courtroom litigation. It provides each party to the dispute, to present their case and allow a neutral, third-party arbitrator to make decisions as to the merit of each sides case. Arbitration subject to this agreement, shall be conducted via written submission and subject to the arbitrator's discretion, through telephonic appearance. After the initial filing fees have been paid, and the arbitrator selected, the initiating party or (claimant) must submit a brief, written summary of their legal position. Actual claims, all supporting documentation must be included with the initial arbitration brief. Copies of all documents must be submitted to all parties involved in the arbitration. Upon receipt of the claimant's arbitration brief and supporting documents, the responding party or (respondent), will have 30 days to file their responsive arbitration brief. Further deadlines and the time tables are subject to the arbitrator's discretion. Legal effects; if the arbitration alternative is chosen, then any decision made by the arbitrator may be binding. Additionally, an arbitration decision may not be appealed in court of law. All parties agree that the arbitrator's decision will be based exclusively on the governing United States federal law, without regard to conflicting state laws or regulations. Each party is responsible their own cost associated with arbitration. A benefit to arbitration may be that it is less expensive than traditional litigation. Each party is responsible for 50% of the cost associated with securing the arbitrator and 100% of their own expenses, including attorney fees.
15. Upon booking, up to a 30% deposit fee is required to be paid by credit card, (Visa, MasterCard, Discover). Upon pick-up, the carrier may collect up to 70%, if a customer is going into 30 days of storage, or longer. The carrier's payment will be due in the form of cash or postal money order. The remaining balance must be paid in full upon delivery. The carrier reserves the right to collect up to 70% of the balance due, prior to leaving the origin state. Subject to federal law, payment in full of all charged is required before delivery, and prior to unloading.
16. The customer understands and agrees to the terms that should the customer fail to execute or return his agreement, by allowing a carrier designated by Household Logistics to pick up the customer's belongings, the customer agrees and consents to the terms and conditions in this agreement.
17. The customer hereby knowingly, voluntarily and intentionally, waives the right to trial by jury in respect of any litigation, based heron, or arising out of the origin connection with the goods and services obtained here-under. This also includes the move itself, or any course of conduct, course of dealing, statements, (verbal or written), or actions of Household Logistics, or the mover. The customer acknowledges that the waiver constitutes a material inducement to Household Logistics to enter into this agreement.
18. Household Logistics requires that the customer must first attempt to resolve all disputes in writing directly with Household Logistics. This must be done prior to the customer initializing a dispute or reversal with their issuing credit card company. The customer must provide a written description showing any, and all breaches of the contract by email to email@example.com. The customer agrees and understands, that failure to provide written documentation explaining the discrepancy will result in the forfeiture of the customer's deposit.
19. As the customer, I understand that a service refusal, or denial of service, either verbally, in person, or over the phone, will be treated as a late cancellation, outside of the company's set cancellation window. I understand that refusing or denying services, will result in a forfeiture of my deposit. As the customer, I understand that claiming, services not rendered, requires a written statement, explaining in detail, Household Logistics's failure to service the job. This completed statement must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. I understand that a cancellation made within 7 business days of the scheduled pick-up date, will also be treated as a late cancellation and result in a forfeiture of the deposit, as a carrier has already been assigned and dispatched. As the customer, I understand that if I book my move within 7 business days of the scheduled pick-up date, the 72-hour cancellation window will be null and void.
20. The customer understands that Household Logistics will not be required to provide proof of a service denial. This is the customer's responsibility. As the customer, I agree to the applicable terms and conditions, in reference to pick-up and delivery dates, (section 14). I agree that Household Logistics, does not have the ability to obtain signed documentation verifying a service refusal. I agree that Household Logistics will not be required to provide proof of service in the case of a service denial or refusal of service. Household Logistics, reserves the right to retain the deposit of the customer who verbally refuses or denies services without written documentation.
21. As the customer, I agree to address my concerns professionally with my moving coordinator from Household Logistics directly. I agree that I will not express my concerns or experiences with Household Logistics, in such a manner that may damage the company's upstanding name or reputation. Any attempt at decimating the company's character, will result in a forfeiture of the deposit, and an immediate denouncement of any claims made against Household Logistics. I understand that I may express my opinion and experiences publicly, after I have given Household Logistics sufficient time to address concerns. Any false claims or misconstrued information offered to the public while these claims are being reviewed, will result in the forfeiture of those claims and/or refunds.
22. As the customer, in signing this agreement, I agree that Household Logistics has provided a dated copy of the estimate and charges, at the time of booking. Household Logistics has provided the correct payment methods, and all costs, charges, and balances are clearly shown on this estimate. The charges represented on this estimate are for services and inventory. Household Logistics's sales representative, has verbally confirmed their role, as a moving broker and coordinator. I have also been informed, and accepted the terms of cancellation. In canceling this reservation, I will not be eligible for a refund of my deposit, outside of my cancellation window.
This policy is effective as of 1 March 2019.